You want a healthy body, that’s why you switched up your diet and started becoming more physically active. But like with caffeine, you can hit a rut in energy output.
This is why I always recommend including superfoods inside of your smoothies. There’s nothing like it, and they are 10x better (if not more) than your typical fruits and veggies.
If you want to spruce up your smoothies with some high nutrition, then you’ll find these four recipes to be deliciously nutritious!
Healthy Protein Shake with Spirulina
Before you get grossed out about consuming algae, you need to understand the benefits it offers. In Africa, they cultivate this in large tubs and use it to feed hungry villages.
Not only does it help to diminish malnutrition, but it quickly fattens up those little babies like they were eating hefty steak meals! So if you’re a vegan and want more protein, then spirulina should definitely be included in your diet.
Spirulina quick facts:
Made up of 65% protein and amino acids, including GLA, an essential fatty acid.
Packed with chlorophyll, iron, calcium (26x more than milk), phosphorous, vitamin B1, B2, B9, C, D, A and E, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, zinc, selenium, copper and manganese.
It’s said to help with allergies and has a high ORAC score (4x that of blueberries), which means it’s packed with anti-oxidants.
Removes heavy metals from your body.
Increase fat burning during exercise.
This also makes for an awesome after or before workout protein smoothie. Here’s the recipe:
2 cups water or almond milk (homemade or Silk brand)
2 bananas (great source of potassium)
2 tsp spirulina
3 tb hemp (extra protein)
100% pure maple syrup (if more sweetening is needed)
Good Morning Moringa Super Smoothie
When you want a smoothie that’s going to help you start your day off right, then you need to introduce moringa super smoothies into the mix.
You’ll find there’s no fruit or veggie you can put in your smoothie that will be as great as moringa. In Africa, it’s known as the “tree of life” and for good reason. All parts of it can be used for healing and nutrition.
Here are 7 more quick facts about Moringa:
1. Boosts your energy levels
2. Balances sugar levels (great for diabetics)
3. Balances cholesterol levels
4. Stimulates your metabolism and cell structure
5. It’s a natural detoxifier
6. Great multi-vitamin
7. Has all essential amino acids your body needs
What you will need for your super Moringa smoothie:
2 cups water or almond milk
2 bananas (as a sweetener) or 1 cup of your fave frozen berries (for added antioxidants; may need additional sweetener)
2 tb moringa oleifera leaf powder
2 tb boabab fruit powder (another powerful multi-vitamin)
100% pure maple syrup – according to your taste buds
Get an Energy Boost with Schizandra Berries
You’ve heard of acai and goji, but neither of these have anything on schizandra berries.
They have been around for many centuries in Asia and were used by their armies to stave off hunger and provide energy to keep on fighting. So if it’s strong enough to keep a soldier going, imagine what it could do for you!
Here are 12 quick facts about schizandra berries:
1. It has a sweet, bitter, salty, sour, pungent taste (it takes some getting used to)
2. It cleanses your liver
3. Known as the longevity herb, due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It’s believed to extend life and restore vitality.
4. Supports healthy cellular function
5. Promotes healthy skin and even treats skin disorders (some say glowing skin with 100 days of use)
6. Increases brain activity (goodbye ADHD!), improving your concentration and memory.
7. Improves blood flow and aids in menopausal symptoms
8. Boosts your immune system
9. Helps combat stress
10. Enhances sexual health
11. Fights insomnia and boosts stamina
12. Great for your cardiovascular system and upper respiratory system (including asthma)
Here’s what you need to get these great benefits:
2 cups of water
1-2 cups of fruit (the sweeter the better, like bananas, strawberries and mangos, you’ll want to cover the schizandra taste as much as you can until you get used to it)
1-2 tsp schizandra berry powder
100% pure maple syrup — add as needed
Multi-Vitamin Smoothie with Irish Moss
Seaweed is and has been one of the best sources of vitamins and minerals. This is because it is saturated with the goodness of the ocean, which has just about every mineral/vitamin on earth within it.
After all, it has to sustain life for thousands of different species. Adding Irish moss to your smoothies is a great way to get rid of synthetic vitamins and get it directly from the source — nature!
Here’s a list of the goods:
- Aids in weight loss
- Has a fish water taste (obviously)
- Improves the health of your skin 9vitamins A, B, C and E)
- High in calcium
- Rich in iron
- Offers relief for respiratory conditions like dry cough, pneumonia and bronchitis. It is an expectorant.
- Great source of iodine
- When combined with bladderwrack, gives you over 90 of the 102 minerals your body needs!)
Here’s how to create this multi-vitamin smoothie:
2 cups of water
1/2 tb Irish moss
1/2 tb bladderwrack
1 cup fruit or 2 bananas
100% maple sugar as needed
These are all great smoothies that you should try and continue to use throughout your life. Try mixing it up a bit, so that you can get the benefits of them all. Or come up with your own concoction that includes all four of these high-nutrition ingredients!
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating