Just wait until you see the results from your first activated charcoal face mask! Like most women, I was hesitant about smearing what I was thought was charcoal from a barbeque on my face, but after trying it, I understand why it is becoming so popular.
“Activated” charcoal is a natural, organic, and chemical free substance with many health benefits. This is charcoal that has been treated with extremely high temperatures, that change around the structure of it. This change makes it attract and help trap bacteria, poisons, chemical, diet and other toxins in your skin.
Benefits of a activated Charcoal Mask
As long as you use your charcoal mask effectively, it is very safe and affordable way to remove toxins from your body. Activated charcoal is the antidote to removes substances that create skin problems like acne, dehydration, inflammation, and fine lines and wrinkles. Activated charcoal is known to absorb 100 to 200 times its weight in impurities. Why it is so effective in a face mask.
- Works for people with sensitive skin as no chemicals are used in it.
- Spot treatment for stubborn areas such as blackheads or zits.
- Removes detritus from your skin surface by extracting toxins from beneath the skin.
- Works to alleviate infections with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Make a Charcoal Mask
The simplest version of an activated charcoal face mask is to take approx 1 to 2 capsules or tablespoons of activate charcoal and mix with a small amount of water and apply.
Activated Charcoal Face Mask Recipe
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
I Use This Product EVERY Week!
To my gyals, clay has cured my skin of years of acne proned skin, improved my complexion, acne scars and shrunk my pores. This is the best clay mask assortment pack to try all my favorite kinds of clay + it's affordable.
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Take 1 Tablets (or tablespoon of powder) and if required grind it up into a fine powder.
- In a small bowl add the charcoal powder, bentonite clay, rose water, water, and essential oils and mix until it makes a flue like paste. Add more water if needed.
- Apply the paste to evenly to your face to make the mask. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes (or until dry) and removed when ready. I typically leave on for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Peel off the mask and rinse thoroughly. You will want to follow up with a moisturizer or serum as your pores are open to help expel any additional toxins.
Activated Charcoal Mask Recipe
Activated Charcoal is one the healthiest masks you can make to remove blackheads, impurities from the skin and clear acne.