My father recently was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and while he is on medication and some therapy he does have some other ailments that he prefers to use natural remedies for. One of the things he has been doing is using castor oil for massages and stimulation of his muscles and reduction of inflammation.
Needless to say, using castor oil in my family and in my culture has been around for years so I wasn’t too surprised that it is part of his medicinal arsenal.
Recently I came across the idea of a Castor oil pack. I was intrigued because it seemed even more effective than just a massage here an there.
If you are very active and find yourself sore a lot or if your have arthritis or any kind of inflammation, before you get steroids try a Castor oil pack.
Castor oil is the oil extracted from the castor bean and the oil is so amazing an powerful it is known to help with a whole host of ailments including hair loss, cysts, inflammation, digestion, healthy skin, removal of calluses and corns.
A castor oil pack is just a concentrated way of using the oil in a more effective way, if you want to know how to make one keep reading.
What you will need:
A soft, clean, thick material like flannel, wool, or cotton (organic)
I Use This Product EVERY Week!
To my gyals, clay has cured my skin of years of acne proned skin, improved my complexion, acne scars and shrunk my pores. This is the best clay mask assortment pack to try all my favorite kinds of clay + it's affordable.
A glass bowl that you can pour the castor oil in over your flannel
A hot water bottle or heating pad
Old clothes that you don’t mind getting stained since castor oil stains fabric
A plastic bag and garbage bag
1. Use a piece of flannel cloth and place it in a bow with enough castor oil to soak it.
2. Put on your old clothes
3. Put your flannel in the bowl and pour enough castor oil in the bowl to soak the material
4. Put down your garbage bag on a flat surface and place your towel on top of the bag
5. Lie down and put the cloth on the affected area of your body
6. cover the cloth with plastic and then put your heating pad on top. Let it sit for 45-60 minutes.
7. Clean the area with water and baking soda when you are done.
8. You can keep the pack in a bag in a fridge and re activate with a tablespoon of castor oil for the next time you want to use it.
Please note that this is not a replacement for what is recommended by your doctor if you have a very serious condition, so always consult your physician.