Summer means a lot of time spent in the sun and after the sun’s exhausting effects on your skin, you might think you need a chemical peel for your face. However these days instead of heading to an expensive salon many women are opting to make their own facial peels at home.
In this post we have two recipes you can try on your face. These peels include acids like alpha and beta hydroxy acids (a.k.a AHA and BHA) and these acids can be obtained from natural, organic sources such as fruits and sugar. Check out the recipes below:
Recipe 1 – White Cane Sugar and Yogurt Chemical Face Peel
1. Just put equal amounts of white cane sugar and yogurt in a mixing bowl. (For example 2 tablespoons of sugar and tablespoons of yogurt).
2. Mix them until you have a granulated paste.
3. Apply a thick layer of the mix on your face. Avoid the eye area.
4. Wait for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with cool water.
Recipe 2 – Lemon Juice and Aspirin Chemical Face Peel
This is a BHA chemical peel. You will need only twelve uncoated aspirins and lemon juice for the peel. Also you will need baking soda and water for neutralizing the acid in the peel.
1. Put 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 cup of water in a bowl. Mix it and set aside.
2. Place 12 uncoated aspirins in a bowl.
3. Pour just enough lemon juice to help aspirin tablets dissolve.
4. Crush the aspirin tablets with a spoon until you have thin paste.
5. Apply the peel with your fingers. Avoid your eyes.
6. The peel will dry. Wait for about ten minutes.
7. Rinse it off with the water with baking soda you prepared before you apply the peel.
After you apply these chemical peels, your face will look radiant, younger and smoother. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen for one week after the peels, you should be wearing sunscreen anyway!